The Girl at Midnight

The Girl at Midnight - Melissa Grey “She had gone to the library in search of hope, but what she'd found instead was a child. It would take her many years to realize that the two were not so different.”

This is a tough nut to crack. I have so many mixed feelings about this book. There were times when I felt like the story was dragging and then all of a sudden it took off in so many direction it left me reeling; not the good kind, mind you. Those comparing this book with The Mortal Instruments and Shadow and Bone, I'm not sure everyone will like the similarity between those two popular books and how you question the originality of this book.

Legend has it that there is a way to end the conflict once and for all: find the Firebird, a mythical entity believed to possess power the likes of which the world has never seen. It will be no easy task, though if life as a thief has taught Echo anything, it's how to hunt down what she wants . . . and how to take it.

But some jobs aren't as straightforward as they seem. And this one might just set the world on fire.

If you're looking for a good fantasy, I suggest you pick up other books on your tbr pile before this. It has the usual cast of characters and the writing makes it difficult to connect with any one of them. A mediocre read. 2.5 Stars