Tangled

Tangled - Emma Chase Lo and Behold! Here comes the Best Male POV ever written.

Meet Drew Evans..

After the 'flu' ofcourse!

So, like I said what you’re seeing right now isn’t the real me. I have the flu.
Influenza.
Have you ever noticed some of the worst sicknesses in history have a lyrical sound to them? Words like malaria, diarrhea, cholera. Do you think they do that on purpose? To make it a nice way to say you feel like something that dropped out of your dog’s ass?

Meet him before the 'flu'..

“Fuck, yeah. That’s good. Yeah, like that.“
See that guy—black suit, devilishly handsome? Yeah, the guy getting the blow job from the luscious redhead in the bathroom stall? That’s me. The real me. MBF: Me Before Flu.

And Meet Katherine 'Kate' Brooks

The story goes like this..Once upon a time there is a handsome man who is successful and wealthy and is a man-whore(for lack of a better word). Drew Evans, above-mentioned handsome man, thinks he's God's gift to women and so he takes it upon himself to please them all. One night, at a bar, he meets a women who catches his attention but is 'engaged' and refuses him. And so starts his day-dreams about her. Fortunately he meets her at his father's office and Dear God she's the new employee. [Color me surprised. *snorts*] But he's vowed not to get involved with any of his employees.

But I have rules—standards, you might say. One of them is no screwing around at the office. I don’t shit where I eat, I don’t fuck where I work. Never mind the sexual harassment issues it would bring up; it’s just not good business. It’s unprofessional.

And she works here. In my office, where I have sworn to never…ever…screw around. Her warm, soft hand slides perfectly into mine, and two thoughts enter my head simultaneously.
The first is: God hates me. The second is: I have been a naughty, naughty boy for most of my life, and this is my payback. And you know what they say about payback, right?
Yep. She’s one hairy bitch.

And thus begins the fun that is this book. Honestly speaking, I haven't laughed that much while reading a book since [b:Wallbanger|15858248|Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)|Alice Clayton|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1369091282s/15858248.jpg|21607771]. Then there's Matthew and Steven, Drew's friends and partner's-in-crime. And The Bitch aka Alexandra.

“You’re in dangerous territory, man. You see what Steven goes through. This path leads to the Dark Side. We always said we wouldn’t go there. You sure about this?”
Matthew smiles, and in his best Darth Vader voice tells me, “You don’t know the power of the Dark Side.”

And things happen. Let me not spoil the book for you but you can guess what happens..

Then 'Flu' happens.

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

“For God's sake, don't let her watch Cinderella. What kind of example is that? A mindless twit who can't even remember where she left her damn shoe, so she has to wait for some douchebag in tights to bring it to her? Give me a frigging break!”

“She talks like you. It’s not every day you hear a four-year-old say Prince Charming is a douchebag who’s only holding Cinderella back.”

""That’s my girl.”

Little Mackenzie was clearly the star of the show.

Mackenzie raises her hand proudly. “I have a bagina.”
I smirk. “Yes, you do sweetheart. And someday, it’s gonna help you rule the world.”

“Uncle Drew?""
""Yes?""
""Is you gonna die alone?""
i smirk. ""I don't plan on dying for a long time, honey""
""Momma says you're gonna die alone. She tol' Daddy that you gonna die and it be days till a Cleanin' lady find your rottin' corpse.""
lovely. Thank you, Alexandra
""Wha's a corpse, uncle Drew?""
Wow.”

“Idiots annoy me.” Mackenzie holds up the jar again, and in goes another dollar. The jar? It was invented by my sister, who apparently thinks my language is too harsh for her offspring. It’s the Bad Word Jar. Every time someone—usually me—swears, they have to pay a dollar. At this rate, that thing is going to put Mackenzie through college.”

Back to the story, we can guess what happens next.

“I’m not lying to you now, Kate. But
it’s okay. Do what you need to do. Curse me out, slap me around—get it all out of your system. I can
take it. Because the more you push me away, the harder I’m going to fight to prove to you that this is
real. That I’m not going anywhere and that what I feel for you isn’t going to change. And then someday
—maybe not any time soon, but one day—I’m going to tell you that you, Kate Brooks, are the love of
my life, and you won’t have any doubt that it’s true.”

“Then, for God’s sake, fight for her! Tell her.”
As her words sink in, Matthew grips my shoulder. “In times like this, I always ask myself, ‘What would William Wallace do?’” His eyes are serious. Stirring. Then his voice takes on a Scottish accent he doesn’t have. “Aye…run, and you won’t get rejected…but years from now, would you be willin’ to trade all the days from now to then for a chance—just one chance—to go back and tell Kate she can take your balls and hang them from the rearview mirror of her car, but she can never take…your freedom!”

“Go get her, man. I mean, look at you—what have you got to lose?”
He’s right. Who needs dignity? Pride? They’re overrated. When you’ve got nothing, you’ve got nothing left to lose.
“I have to go see Kate. Right now.”
And if I strike out? At least I’ll go down swinging. If I crash and burn and she grinds my ashes into the dirt with her heel? So be it. But I have to try. Because…
Well, because she’s worth it.

The factor that makes this story so hilarious and beautiful at the same time isn't just the 'lovey-dovey' feels that we get. It's the amazing work that Emma Chase has done with Drew's POV. This book gives you so many feels with a healthy dose of laughter. I recommend it to everyone.

4.75 Stars