Untitled

Empire of Storms - Sarah J. Maas 5 ThisIsBloodyBrilliantAndDeservesTheUnicorn Stars!!

All Hail The Genius Sarah J. Maas! The Creator of one of the most freakin' badass heroine of all times.

“She was fire, and light, and ash, and embers. She was Aelin Fireheart, and she bowed for no one and nothing, save the crown that was hers by blood and survival and triumph.”

This book is our salvation and doom. Hope and destruction. It has everything we wished for since starting the first page of the series and yet there's so much more yet to come it's breaking my heart even thinking about all the wait in lieu of the next book.

“I was not supposed to love you. The woman had said that—and then she died. She should not have loved him, and he should not have dared to love her. He deserved this darkness, and once the invisible boundary shattered and the waiting thing pounced, infiltrating and filling him … he’d have earned it.”

Let's start with the cover art. It's so fierce and so Celaena-like with the I'm going to kill you look so perfectly on place. Now the book starts with Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen's return to Rifthold to retrieve the third Wyrdkey from her former Master Arobynn Hamel, King of the Assassins. Whereas Chaol Westfall, former Captain of the Guards, is in league with the rebels to help Dorian Havillard, Prince of Adarlan, whose body is inhabited by a Valg Prince and is slowly consuming his soul out of the control of the King of Adarlan. Manon Blackbeak, Wing-leader of the Thirteen and Heir to the Blackbeak Clan, starts questioning her Matron i.e Grandmother's rule for the Witches; Obedience, Discipline, and Brutality and becomes another powerful character in the already awesome-characters-club. And a certain Prince of the Fae graces us with his oh-so-yummy presence ;)

“She dared a look at Rowan, whose face remained carefully blank, but saw the words there anyway.

'You wicked, clever fox.'

'And here you were, thinking the red hair was just for vanity.'

'I shall never doubt again.' ”

There has been some discussion about how the characters have been forced into changing and are different from the other books. But I think if you read the books back-to-back you can see the budding change in the previous books and it's not much big of a deal how they react. Also, in the end, we can see the what-why-how of it. I, for one, am absolutely satisfied with this book and can't friggin' wait for the next book.

“Aelin ran a hand over the rough rock, and the sun-warmed stone tingled as if in greeting.
Then she stepped beyond the stone.
And at long last, Aelin Ashryver Galathynius was home.”

“There were two men in this city responsible for destroying her life and the people she’d loved. She would not leave Rifthold until she’d buried them both.”

Until the next book.....

“They were infinite. They were the beginning and the ending; they were eternity. The king standing before them gaped as the shield of flame died out to reveal the two, hand in hand, glowing like newborn gods as their magic entwined.”