Sweet Reckoning

Sweet Reckoning - Wendy Higgins 4 stars

Being the last book in the series, [b:Sweet Reckoning|16007855|Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)|Wendy Higgins|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1381492410s/16007855.jpg|21773721] had very high expectations and it certainly did justice to most of them. Where at one hand I was satisfied with the ending and happy for the characters, on the other, I wasn't blown away by the overall story as most of the event went down as expected. Angel and Nephilim books are one of the hardest to make peace with since there are so many versions of them that the expectations are high and the outcome just don't fit with most. But Wendy Higgins has done a very good job of creating a world of angels, demons and nephilim. From the first book, I was hooked to the series.

Anna's journey has been an inspiring one to read. She is a great friend, loyal girlfriend and the best daughter. I really enjoyed the character growth of Anna in this series. Being brought up under the good influence of her adopted mother, Anna was sweet, kind and loving. Even though she was the daughter of Duke of substance abuse, she masked her purity and goodness under the mask of a party girl. I really liked the few scenes about her struggling with addiction and dark desires in this installment – these scenes really brought out her darker side and made her far from perfect.

Kaiden Rowe, *swoon* the son of Duke of Lust with his playboy attitude and Brit accent is perhaps the reason this series is so bloody addictive. You just can't get enough of Kai.

I texted Kaidan, who was listed in my contacts under “James,” for James Bond. He’d chosen it. He had me listed as “Hot Chick From Gig.”

Video chat in 30.

His immediate response made me shake my head.

Clothing optional?

It was nice to know he could keep a sense of humor in the face of calamity. Or maybe he wasn’t joking...

Anna and Kai have grown up so much throughout the series. The secondary characters were also the reason that made this series worthwhile. Jay, Marna, Ginger, Blake, Kopano, Zania, Patti and Anna's Dad, all of them are as much a part of the success of the series as Anna and Kai.

There were definitely swoon-worthy moments a-plenty but oh how I missed all of that angst and darkness from the earlier books. And although the battle between good and evil wasn’t as intense as I’d like it to be, I still enjoyed reading about the struggle of repentance, loss and conversion. What I felt slightly uncertain of was the notion of staying pure in order to be worthy. And while the epilogue wasn't one I connected with, I know a ton of people will love it hard.

""I loved Kaiden Rowe, and he loved me.

I loved Patti and my father, and I knew they were willing to die for me.

I loved the Nephilim, and wanted to set them free from the terror of their fathers.

I loved the inherent goodness in humanity and the potential for a better future on earth without demon interference.

For the first time ever, I didn't doubt myself.""