Feast of Fools

Feast of Fools - Rachel Caine 2.5 stars

I have mixed feelings for this series. The concept is pretty cool and yeah we got to see vampires in a whole new light. But there just seem to be something missing, something just out of grasp. I find it really hard to get attached to Claire, a sixteen year old(almost seventeen, I've heard her say that from the first book of the series and now that I'm onto 5th book, she's still running on her 'almost seventeen' years) She's smart, friggin smart actually, but looks like she makes most mistakes than the others despite her smartness. For someone as smart as Claire, it was really foolish of her to stay in town after getting thrown down the stairs by Monica.

I like Eve and Michael, whereas Shane is a different story. There are times when it would have been good for Claire to punch him in the face, but well, she's the good girl here.

I don't have much to say about the book, except it seems to go on a fast pace at times but still if you calculate the time frame from the first book to the fourth, it doesn't seem that much time has passed at all, and there's Claire's age problem as well.

It's a good book, though. It doesn't takes much of your time so there's no chance of dying by boredom.