Anew

Anew - Chelsea Fine “Calm down, Braveheart."" Gabriel searched through the weapons. ""I'm trying to find something not quite as fatal as...a scythe? Really?""
Gabriel held the wicked half-moon blade up and looked at Tristan. ""What are you, the Grim Reaper?""
""Yes. Yes, Gabriel. I'm the Grim Reaper. You caught me. I drive around in my car full of weapons collecting souls.”

“Sucking in air, Heather said, “Fluffy—Mrs. Allen’s ferocious dog—chased me all the way down Pine Street trying to tear me to shreds with his razor fangs. I barely got away.”
Scarlet scrunched her face. “Isn’t Fluffy a Chihuahua?”
Still panting, Heather said, “Yes. A demon-possessed, human-eating Chihuahua.”

4.5 Tristan & Gabriel Stars

I knew something like that was coming It was obvious she knew about the fountain of youth..but she wasn't supposed to die!!! but Chelsea threw me off balance with that bloody ending!!!! It's a good thing I have other installments in the series or I'd have gone mad waiting to see what happens next.

Now let's try and sum up the feels..

image

Scarlet is a pretty good narrator, annoying at times but I couldn't help but admire her. Total badass!
Heather is freakin' hilarous and I totes loved her character.
Nate bloody awesome. Nerds, ftw!!
Gabriel..Sexy?? Sure. Sweet?? At time, yes very. Perf boyfriend material. (Not to my liking, though)
Tristan...

image

“Gabriel glanced down. “Seriously, Tristan? You drive around with a trunk full of weapons?”
“Of course.”
“Why?”
“Because I’m the family bad guy.”

image

Dark and mysterious, and even though he hides his true self behind a rough exterior and a mouth that constantly spews insults he is a tortured soul, never able to have the one thing he wants the most, and my heart goes out to him. I am definitely rooting for him in this love triangle! I do like Gabriel, but I will always cheer on the dark, tortured man. I guess I am one of the reasons the saying “nice guys finish last” remains true, but I seriously cannot help it!

Overall, once I got into it, I couldn't put it down, it was amazing and sad and just so well written. And I loved it.
Now I am off to read [b:Awry|13334934|Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)|Chelsea Fine|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1336363011s/13334934.jpg|18542985]! :)