Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare “Our hearts, they need a mirror, Tessa. We see our better selves in the eyes of those who love us. And there is a beauty that brevity alone provides.” He dropped his gaze, then raised it to hers. “I would give you everything of myself,” he said. “I would give you more in two weeks than most men would give you in a lifetime.”

Tis a sad sad day when you finish a book you have come to love so much. Good thing we still have TMI where I guess the 'living' from this book are soon to appear.

“And maybe it would have bitten you in half,"" said Will. ""What you are describing, the transformation into a demon, is the last stage of the pox.""
""Will!"" Charlotte threw up her hands. ""Why didn't you say so?""
""You know, the books on demon pox are in the library,"" Will said with an injured tone. ""I wasn't preventing anyone from reading them.""
""Yes, but if Benedict was going to turn into an enormous serpent, you'd think you could at least have mentioned it,"" said Charlotte. ""As a matter of general interest.”

“With tears running down her face, Cecily had reminded him of the moment at her wedding to Gabriel when he had delivered a beautiful speech praising the groom, at the end of which he had announced, “Dear God, I thought she was marrying Gideon. I take it all back.”

The sense of humor of Herondale boys has always been surprising to me. I love all the characters of this series. Even Bridget and her dreadful songs.

“On a Tuesday night they were wed,
And by Friday they were dead.
And they buried them in the churchyard side by side,
Oh my love,
And they buried them in the churchyard side by side.""

Breaking away from Gideon with some reluctance, Sophie rose to her feet and dusted off her dress. ""Please forgive me, my dear Mr. Lightwood- I mean Gideon- but I must go and murder the cook. I shall be directly back.”

4.5 stars to the finale of one of my favorite books.