Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell Where do I start with this book? It was something so different yet so ordinary you'd never think of finding such stories in books. Or at the very least I didn't think it was possible to give a person so many feels when you thought you couldn't get any more.

“I don't like you, Park,"" she said, sounding for a second like she actually meant it. ""I..."" - her voice nearly disappeared - ""think I live for you.""
He closed his eyes and pressed his head back into his pillow.
""I don't think I even breathe when we're not together,"" she whispered. ""Which means, when I see you on Monday morning, it's been like sixty hours since I've taken a breath. That's probably why I'm so crabby, and why I snap at you. All I do when we're apart is think about you, and all I do when we're together is panic. Because every second feels so important. And because I'm so out of control, I can't help myself. I'm not even mine anymore, I'm yours, and what if you decide that you don't want me? How could you want me like I want you?""
He was quiet. He wanted everything she'd just said to be the last thing he heard. He wanted to fall asleep with 'I want you' in his ears.”

Speechless There are moments when you're reading a book that you feel like the author knows exactly how you feel and some words/sentence jumps out of the book and stays with you. But it's rare for a book to convey the words that you've felt but were unaware of until that very moment.

Being a 90's kid I can't comment on the setting the book was on but I've watched enough movies to know that Rainbow did it justice. And the characters were like the people you see everyday but have noticed and unnoticed them at the same time. The dual POV was the next best thing to happen to the book, the first being the 'realistic' way the characters were portrayed.

The open ending kind of surprised me..I was hoping for something/anything/everything to happen and was caught off guard

but maybe that was another one of the things that made the book so likable. Nothing was forced.

""Disintergrated.
Like something had gone wrong beaming her onto the Starship Enterprise.
If you've ever wondered what that feels like, it's a lot like melting-but more violent.
Maybe Park had paralyzed her with his ninja magic, his Vulcan handhold, and now he was going to eat her.
That would be awesome.""

This is by far the most beautiful book I've read in 2013. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

4.75 Stars