Before I fall

Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver

5 Stars

What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

It is one of the most touching books I've read. The other one was The Fault in Our Stars. Samantha Kingston is a not-so-average teenager who has everything other kids in school envies. She's good-looking, popular, has popular best-friends and a hot boyfriend, who's everyone's eye-candy. And she dies.

Now there are so many theories about what happens next when we die. All the life after death theories but Lauren quite nailed it in this book. One err Seven chances to correct a wrong. Samantha who is dead gets to live the last day of her life seven times and she has to correct one mistake. I really cried at so many parts of this book. Everything Sam felt, I felt it, too.

“It amazes me how easy it is for things to change, how easy it is to start off down the same road you always take and wind up somewhere new. Just one false step, one pause, one detour, and you end up with new friends or a bad reputation or a boyfriend or a breakup. It's never occurred to me before; I've never been able to see it. And it makes me feel, weirdly, like maybe all of these different possibilities exist at the same time, like each moment we live has a thousand other moments layered underneath it that look different.”

Most of the books that I've read have some kind of near-to-happy-ending and whenever I start reading a book and get strike by some tragedy all I keep chanting is no matter what, it's going to be okay....*sob* it's going to be okay.. But this book threw me totally off-guard. I was left gasping. In some ways, it is true, life doesn't always have a happy ending, people don't get perfect life, no matter how much you try you don't get second chances.

So [book:Before I Fall|6482837] is a book you should start reading if you can accept all the lemons life throws at you. It's actually books like these that sets our expectations higher. And I'm glad I picked this book up.

“Here's another thing to remember: hope keeps you alive. Even when you're dead, it's the only thing that keeps you alive.”